Not sure if an OFFSHORE company is right for you?
what is it?
An offshore, or non-resident, company can be used for various purposes including as a holding company to hold shares in an operating entity or other companies, assets such as property, intellectual property, or to consolidate investments, assets and holdings.
Determining the most appropriate venue to establish business operations in order to remain competitive in the market while ensuring compliance with applicable Economic Substance Regulations is vital.
Key factors to be considered when choosing a jurisdiction are:
- Strategic Geographic Positioning
- Offshore-Friendly and Stable Economy
- Low Overheads
- Well Developed Infrastructure
- Transport and Communication Services
- Specific knowledge of the regulatory restrictions in each jurisdiction.
How We can help
Our team of consultants are experienced in understanding your needs and narrowing down the options to propose what we feel is the best option for you.
The main application of offshore entities are in multi-level structures for:
- Investor Rights Protection Holding Company – IP Rights, Shareholder Consolidation, Fund Raising, ESOP
- Consolidation of Personal Assets and Holdings
- IP Protection – Can be used to own shares in UAE Mainland Entities or even Freezone Companies.
- Succession Planning
- SPVs for Specific Investments
These are just a few of the ways an Offshore company can be used to help build the appropriate structure of your business. Get in touch today to find out how we can help your enterprise.
Below is a list of some of the most common offshore jurisdictions:
UAE Offshore Jurisdictions
- ADGM – Abu Dhabi Global Market
- JAFZA – Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority
- RAKICC – Ras Al Khaimah International Corporate Centre
International Offshore Jurisdictions
- British Virgin Islands (BVI)
- Cayman Islands
- Hong Kong