What Is It?
Freezones in the UAE are comprised of either port freezone (airport or sea port), with restricted entrance and exits, and urban freezone which allow freedom of movement within the onshore environment.
Some of the Basics
Each of the Freezones has its own regulations and unless the regulations specifically exclude the application of the Federal Law No.2 of 2015 (UAE Commercial Companies Law), the UAE Commercial Companies Law will apply to said companies.
In order to establish a business in the freezones, it is necessary to obtain a license from the relevant free zone authority. The license relates to the activities the business will undertake.
A Freezone company is limited to leasing space within the freezone where it is established. Some freezones offer virtual office options. Employment visas are issued under sponsorship of the Freezone Authority and are valid for 3 years.
- 100% Foreign Ownership
- 100% Repatriation of Capital and Profits
- 100% Exemption from Corporate, Personal and Income Taxes
- Liberal Government Policies and Legal Framework
- Timely and Streamlined Immigration Process
- Freehold offices available for sale or lease
- Virtual Offices, Ready-Made Offices, Factories, and Warehouses
- Easy Start-Up and Licensing Procedures
- Unique Industry Clustering and Purpose-Built Infrastructure
- 3-Year UAE Residence Visa
HOW We can help
There are over 40 freezones in the UAE making it confusing for prospective clients to know the right option for them. We can assist you in choosing the right freezone for your business needs.
- Consultation on Freezone Options
- Incorporation of Company
- PRO Services – New Visa, Renewal, and Cancellation
- Change of Officers (Director, Manager, Secretary, HR Signatory, Etc.)
- Share Transfers
- Change of Office
- License Renewal
- and more